Cultivated foodPlant-based food
KBW Ventures co-leads $12.3 million Series A round in US-based Black Sheep Foods
- UAE-based KBW Ventures, founded by HRH Prince Khaled bin Alwaleed bin Talal Al Saud, has co-led a $12.3 million Series A round for US-based foodtech startup Black Sheep Foods, alongside Unovis, AgFunder and Bessemer Ventures Partners.
- Founded in 2019, Black Sheep Foods has developed a technology to produce plant-based lamb.
- Adding this round, the startup raised a total capital of $18.05 million to date.
- This round will enable Black Sheep Foods to scale up production for its lamb made from plants for national distribution.
- Earlier in June, KBW Ventures also invested in a $40 million Series B round in Eclipse, a California-headquartered food startup that manufactures plant-based ice cream and dairy products.
** Click here to read the full text **